May 24th, 2009 by Robin Reynolds
The lump was about the size of a marble. She had rolled on her back for her usual belly rub; a sign of her utter trust, security and happiness. There among the curly tufts, the hard, round lump reared its ugly head on her sternum. My husband and I looked at each other and without a word, we knew that we were both thinking of Max.
He had been the same age as Amber is now when our groomer discovered the lump on his paw and once the lump was removed, it was not over. When it was determined to be cancer, there was chemotherapy, more surgery and after effects. Even though Max never acted like he had a bad day in his life, this was the beginning of a gradual decline over which we had no control.
Amber resting after surgery
I took Amber to the vet the next day and the day after she underwent surgery. We won’t know the results of the pathology report for 5 days and since there’s a holiday weekend in there, we probably won’t know for more than week. The wait is hard, but the lump is gone from her chest. Now it’s in my throat.
May 20th, 2009 by Robin Reynolds
As a mom of a 16-year-old son, I know how challenging it can be to motivate a teen and I’m always looking for resources to help me. That’s why I was delighted to learn about Justin Sachs who is the author of a new book, Your Mailbox Is Full and is the founder of the Creating Possibilities Coaching Program. To keep a positive attitude, I sometimes look at the end of the leash and sometimes I look for people like Justin Sachs. Here is my interview with him. To read my answers to the same questions, visit Justin’s blog.
- What do you do? I work with teenagers to increase their grades, eliminate procrastination, create balance in their lives, and overcome any obstacles standing in their way of success.
- Tell us about your new book. Your Mailbox Is Full is a book for teenagers, that teaches them the tools they need to become successful in school and throughout their lives. They learn things like goal setting, time management, living a healthy lifestyle, and modeling and attracting success.
- Why did you write it? When I was 14 years old I went to my first Tony Robbins Seminar and I was in a room full of thousands of adults thinking, “Where’s all the teenagers?” “Why aren’t other youth here getting these powerful tools and strategies?” It was with that realization that I found my passion: Empowering teenagers with life-skills and leadership development tools for success. That’s what my book is all about: Teaching youth the most powerful skills they need to know to create enormous success and fulfillment in life! Now, teenagers don’t have to wait until they are 30 or 40 to get these tools and strategies, they are available to them within Your Mailbox Is Full.
- What makes you an expert in your field? After going to Anthony Robbins seminars for 3 years, I began working for his product sales team and non-profit organization at all his events worldwide. I then began working for Mark Victor Hansen, the co-founder of Chicken Soup for the Soul Series, and learned even more about life-skills, writing a book, and supporting people in bringing possibility into their lives. I then read everything I could get my hands on from The Secret, to Jack Canfield, to Stephen Covey, to Eckart Tolle, among many others. I learned everything I possibly could about personal development and transformation such that I can now create transformation in others!
- What type of people should read your book? The book is designed for teenagers and young adults, but parents throughout the country are reading the book and loving every page! The contents of the book are limitless, this is the perfect book for anyone looking to take their lives to the next level, especially youth!
- Are you on any social networks? Eg. Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn Yes, on www.Twitter.com/JustinSachs or http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=511068642
- Advice for Teens or Parents of Teens Follow your passions and never give up on your dreams! If you have a goal, a vision, or a hope for the future, hold on to it, focus on it, and take action to make it happen! You’ll be amazed at how quickly your dreams will manifest themselves when energy is focused on them.
- Favorite Quote Every day, every week and every month, you must challenge yourself to continue to grow to new heights and to take your standards to higher and higher levels. ~ Justin Sachs
- Favorite Theme Park Walt Disney World of course!!!
- How can we purchase your book? Learn more about you? Do you have a blog? My book is available on my website: www.YourMailboxIsFullBook.com To learn more about my coaching services visit www.MotivateYourTeen.com be sure to check out my new radio show at www.MotivationalMindsRadio.com