<< Back to News & Media
What to Do When Things Get Ruff!
Based on philosophy learned from her dog named Max, Arizona author, Robin Reynolds, offers you five tips for dealing with the recent economic turmoil.
- Capitalize on the bond market. If you’re looking for a great investment with a high return rate, rescue a dog. There is nothing like the unconditional love and acceptance of a canine companion. This is one bond that will never depreciate.
- Create your own stimulus package. If you feel like you can’t afford to adopt a dog, volunteer to foster a pet or work at a shelter. You can get all the benefits of playing without paying.
- Enjoy creature comforts. It doesn’t have to be something you bought from the store. Without much coaching your dog will cuddle next to you and lick your face. Just petting your dog can give you a great deal of reassurance. You’ll feel less anxious and withdrawn.
- Get easy credit. Your dog already thinks you’re the greatest person in the world. Just give him a little attention and you’ll be very rich indeed.
- Abandon reality, not your dog. Even with all the recent publicity, pets are still being left in foreclosed homes at an alarming rate. Sure, you may be scared, but just imagine how scared your dog will be to be left in an empty house. As Max would say, “Worrying about it won’t change anything. Trust that you’ll get through it.” Instead of running away, take your dog for a run. It will take your mind off it for a while and it will ease the stress for both of you.
Robin’s family dog, an Airedale Terrier named Max, inspired her to write her award-winning book, Life to the Max: Maxims for A Great Life by a Dog named Max. This book has been hailed by reviewers as “a delightful read, heartwarming, inspiring, and filled with tidbits to help you appreciate and enjoy the world around you.” When purchased on the website, www.lifetomax.com, 25% of the book price is donated to animal rescue.
Robin Reynolds has more than 25 years of experience writing in a variety of formats and has won many accolades for her work. As the Head Noodler of her company, NICE Creative, Robin leads the creative process for a wide variety of clients who desire branding, advertising and marketing development. An Airedale Terrier lover since youth, Robin lives in Tempe, AZ with her husband, teenage son, and two Airedales. To learn more about her work, visit www.nicecreative.com and www.lifetomax.com.
<< Back to News & Media
2010 PTPA Media Seal of Approval
2008 Best Gift Book, AZ Book Awards
2007 Award of Excellence, Dog Writers
Association of America